TOP 5 NIGERIAN NATURAL HAIR PERSONALITY

tinted afro hair
Here are the top 5 Nigerian natural hair personality you should follow. This post will include "old" naturalistas and "new" naturalistas. I call them "old" naturalista because these are the people that started the natural hair campaign and have had their natural hair for over 10 years.
I remember when I started my hair journey, lushstrands.blogspot and igbocurls were my role models, however, they were not based in Nigeria, therefore I found it difficult to get the products they were using and even if I found those products, they were expensive for my budget.
If you are a new naturalista and you need to get inspiration from fellow naturalistas, check out the list below.

OLD NATURALISTA

  • Lushstrand: She grew her relaxed hair to tail bone length. She started growing her relaxed hair in 2009 and in 2014 she had her big chop, joining the natural community. She was one of the first Nigerian to start publicizing long hair. She has 4b hair type.Bigchop

  • Igbocurls: I followed this lady because she had long and thick hair. Chinwe Juliet started growing her natural hair in 2013 and she has been natural since then. She loves to style her natural hair, you hardly see her in braids, weaves or wigs. She has 4c hair type.
    Igbocurls

  • Naijahaircangrow:  She started off with relaxed hair too but later did a bigchop and joined the natural hair community. Her blog is so informative and she teaches how to have healthy scalp and hair. She has 4b hair type.
    Naijahaircangrow

  • Eurekaniaja: She calls herself a lazy naturalista, she has been growing her 4c natural hair since 2012. I started following Osemhen Akihi when I found out that she uses not too expensive products on her hair and her hair still thrives. 
Eurekanaija

There many other naturalistas that paved the way for the natural hair community but these were the ones I followed when I started my natural hair journey.

NEW NATURALISTAS

To keep it even I will talk about four new naturalistas. They do not have websites or blogs but are on youtube. 

  • Naturalkachi: She is a natural hair influencer and makes youtube videos. She has high porosity 4b/4c hair she has been growing for 4 years now.
    Naturalkachi

  • Eveh Ogban: Eveh loves to style her hair and has been growing it for 5 years. She has very thick hair strands and she knows exactly how to manage it. Eveh has beautiful 4c hair, I love to watch her youtube video because she's so real and goes straight to the point. 
    Eveh Ogban

  • Linda Osuntade: Linda has medium 4c hair, I love to watch her youtube channel because she doesn't talk about hair alone but mental health and all other things. She has a very beautiful smile too.
    Linda Osuntade

  • Lilian Okibe: Lilian is the queen of styles, I learnt how to make temporary deadlocks from her. She has thick and long 4c hair. She doesn't use very expensive hair products on her hair, her major hair product is shea butter. I have learnt lots of different styles and treatments from her.
If you have other Nigerian Natural hair personality you follow, mention them in the comment section below and I will check them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SALON APPRENTICESHIP EXPEREINCE PART 1

I PLANTED ALOE VERA TODAY!