I PLANTED ALOE VERA TODAY!

Hi guys, welcome back to my blog. So today after I got home from the office this morning, I slept for about 3 hours (I love to sleep), I woke up and decided to plant my aloe vera.

Planting aloe vera is very easy, the plant requires low maintenance and grows fast; shooting out new leafs every now and then.
I can't begin to tell you the importance of aloe vera to the skin, hair and health in general. Read some benefits here.

WHY I PLANTED ALOE VERA

I was in search of aloe vera in the community where I live and I couldn't find any. I want to the main market I still couldn't find any, so decided to wait for the market day.

The market day came and I went in search for aloe vera, I kept asking the market women if they knew where I could find aloe vera and they kept directing me to go deep inside the market. (Like we would say in Nigeria inside inside).

Mind you, I went with a friend of mine and we already bought foodstuffs so we were carrying this heavy bag and you know how Nigerian markets can be on a market day, the pushing and the shoving no be here. We were so tired.

Eventually, we got to where we could buy. Only one woman was selling in the whole of the market on a market day! Amazing! 

We just bought all the aloe vera she had. she only had two plants left, we bought the 2 aloe vera plant with root for 200 naira (so cheap right).

My dear readers, I can not go through the rigour I went through before, therefore I am planting mine.

Apart from the root I planted, I still have three leaves I can use for my hair anytime. I mostly use it for my hair.

Check out my aloe vera plant below.

Aloe vera plant in a dark green pot

My aloe vera plant is behind my kitchen. It is placed on a block because of goats, I don't want them eating my plant. Anyway, the stuff is bitter I don't think they will like it but better safe than sorry.

HOW I PLANTED MY ALOE VERA

Things You Will Need.

  • A planting pot (either made with plastic or clay). You can improvise with a bowl

Round plastic bowl for planting




   paint bucket

large sieve 


or a plastic basket

Basket for planting
Basket
If you are using a bowl or a paint bucket be sure to put holes underneath them so that when you wet your plant the water will not lodge at the top.

  • Soil. Sandy loam soil or sandy soil with a loamy soil at the top. for mine, I used the second option.
  • Aloe vera plant. You can plant the leaves but aloe vera with the root is preferable. 
  • Water. Tap water, river water or rainwater is fine.
  • Your hands😊

HOW I PLANTED MY ALOE VERA

I filled my planting pot with sandy soil and then top dress with topsoil or loamy soil. 

Then I watered the soil to capacity and left it to drain for 24 hours.

After 24 hours, I dress the top in my avocado shaft (what is left of blended avocado after squeezing out the oil). This serves as manure to the soil but you can do without.

I then mixed the soil with the shaft to loosen the soil. I created a hole in the soil by separating the soil in the middle and then placed the root of my aloe vera in it. 

The last thing I did was to lightly water it. Look how beautiful my aloe vera looks. Yummy!
Planting aloe vera in Nigeria


Aloe vera leaves


I will post progress reports on my aloe vera plant. I hope you find time to plant yours. Please feel free to tell me how your planting process went. 

See you in my next post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SALON APPRENTICESHIP EXPEREINCE PART 1

TOP 5 NIGERIAN NATURAL HAIR PERSONALITY